Thursday, February 13, 2014

Valentine’s Day…Do I really need reminded of L-O-V-E?

Valentine’s Day…Do I really need reminded of L-O-V-E?

I have never really understood this holiday. The older I have gotten I have liked it even less. A day where we’re supposed to show love to the person we’re in love with. Really? Do we have to be reminded of this fact?
I’ll admit when I was younger I would love to get the cute stuffed animals that came out around Valentine’s Day. I liked the cards with different cute animals on them. I’d picture the latest guy I had a crush giving me a special Valentine’s Day gift. But as I got older I understood this day less and less. This year is no different for me. Well wait that is not completely true. I’ll admit that it would be nice to get a Valentine’s Day surprise. I started listening to all my friends talk about what they hoped they would get. I’d hear my single friends complain about being single for Valentine’s Day and I’ll admit even I started to feel bad for them and me. When they all find out that, outside of family [a few times], I haven’t gotten anything for Valentine’s Day in seventeen years they feel very sorry for me. I started to let it get to me. Then I decided that was just STUPID! You see I thought about it and there is so much love in my life. I can’t feel bad for myself. I started jotting down a few things and made a list. Then I realized that this would be a great Valentine’s Day blog posting. So here it is:

The L-O-V-E in Marie’s Life [That’s me]
I am very thankful to God for giving me all these wonderful people that have loved me in my life.

My parents-We have not always gotten along but I love them dearly. I’m grateful to have them.

My Siblings- Chelley I love you! I am very grateful for all the support through the years and especially this past year. You are a true blessing to me. Donnie my little brother I love all 6’ 5 ½” of you. Great to have a wonderful little bro like you. I’m grateful to their spouses who encourage me as well. To my other siblings A&K it’s great to experience life now through a 16 & 10 years old point of view.
My parents were foster parents to other children and I was blessed with some amazing extended family. I love you ALL! Thank you for loving me. No matter how short or long you were in my life.

I had the best grandma’s- Grandma Jerry, Grandma Graham, Grandma Mary and Grandma Sheffield- I love all of you wonderful ladies. I was blessed to know my great grandparents as well. I have some amazing Aunts and Uncles as well. Love you all.
I have the best nieces and nephews in the world. I love seeing them because they always make me smile.

I have been blessed to know my biological father since 2004 and his side of the family.
I was blessed with a wonderful lady, Mrs. Braddock who taught me sign language. I will always smile when I remember the gift you gave me. Later in life I was blessed with another great teacher Naomi. I love you both.

I have had some amazing friends in my life. I treasure them all. Sandra has been there since I was seven. Girl we have gone through it all together. I love you! Thanks for staying my friend even when I didn’t love myself.
Judi you are a great friend. I have learned so much from you. I am grateful for everything. I’m grateful that you let me crash in your house! I’m grateful your daughter and granddaughter have accepted me into their lives as well.

Nikki thanks for being there even at 3am for me. I love how we’re both Disney nuts. [Angela you’ll become one too I promise.]
I have a lot of friends I have made while working at WDW and I’m grateful to you all. We’re all over the USA and that nice to know I have friends across the country. [Even a few across the world.]

I have a church family that shows me a lot of love! I am very grateful for it. I’m grateful for the Youth class I teach as well because they have blessed me more than I think I have blessed them.
I have gained a lot of people that support me on both FB and Tweeter and I am very grateful to all of them as well. It is always nice to read the comments support to my blog or latest posting. Thank you.

As you can see, I have a lot of L-O-V-E in my life. I am a very blessed person.
When I finished writing this list I realized that I am truly blessed! I don’t need Valentine’s Day to show me love. I have it at vary levels every day in my life.

Since May of this past year I have been blessed to realize I have love in my life. I have also been blessed to love myself. I was in a pit of darkness for a long time. I was begging God to let me die. Then my little sister showed me honest and true love. She was so brave and did what needed to be done. I’ll always be grateful to you Chelley.
[To see where my journey began in May read my first blog:
http://mmbreakingfree.blogspot.com/2013/09/my-story-so-far.html ]

This Valentine’s Day I celebrate love by living my life again. I chose to focus on the love all around me. I hope everyone reading this does the same. If you are down about not having that someone special in your life just make a list like I did and you’ll be surprised at how much love there is in your life. [My list is longer than I put on here] I wish you all L-O-V-E. Have a Blessed and Magical Day!
Happy Valentine’s Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment