Saturday, December 28, 2013

The Journey of Change Continues in 2014

The Journey of Change Continues in 2014

This is the time of year when everyone makes a list of all the things they want to accomplish in the New Year. Well that has already started for me. I began changing my life in May of this year. I am loving the changes and the ME that is coming through now. I know I still have a long way to go but I will reach my goals.

I have already overcome so much this past year. I was at the point where I prayed to die. I told God to take me home now. But Thankfully he didn’t do that. I am here. To understand where I began my journey read my very first blog post:


There are many things I have learned this year. I have learned that I am an emotional eater. Whoever said eating and emotions do not go together has never met me. I have noticed when I over eat and when I don’t. I know the signs now and I am putting things in place to prevent this.

I also learned that I am a person who needs a schedule. I hate this as well. I do better when I have schedule and plan ahead. I am writing one up today. I am getting back on track. [Bonus fact it helps me not have as many panic attacks.]

Thanksgiving to Christmas has been rough on me. It is hard to say no to all these wonderful sweets people offer you and give you.  I am proud to say I didn’t gain a huge amount of the weight I lost back. I gained six pounds back. L However, I am alright with that because I know I did it when I gave in & ate what I shouldn’t have.

I also have realized there are so many things that I want to do. You see when I began this journey I was 469 pounds. I was not active at all. I didn’t do anything. Now I am beginning to be active and do things. I also want to do so many things. I have a bucket travel list, I want to learn to dance, I wanna do the waltz, I wanna do the walk for a cure I want to record me performing and share it now and………………………. The list goes on and on. My niece told me that if I lost all the weight she would go on the rides that scare her at Walt Disney World with me. I have something new to motivate me. That will be like a new trip for me. Riding the rides I normally can’t. As you can see I have a new passion for having an active life.

My biggest goal is still going on the 2015 New Kids on the Block cruise. To celebrate the new me and what I have achieved. [Here’s a secret I’m scared to death of getting on that huge ship. I’m so afraid I’ll have a panic attack & flip out & won’t be able to board] I want to do this cruise to meet Jonathan Knight and thank him for saving my life and inspiring me. All of NKOTB have but Jonathan really did save me.


So here are my goals for 2014:

1-Contiune on the Journey of Change. I want to lose 130 to 150 pounds this year.

2-I want to gain strength and endurance. I will walk and exercise more. I want no more flabby arms, legs, or just the whole body.

3-I need a job! I need one I can walk to and from without being run off the road. [I have had that happen three different times] I apply for the jobs and even do over phone interviews and they want me then they see me and everything changes. Well I have decided not to let that be what stops me anymore. I need a job. I have bills and a cruise to save up for. [Because I know I will reach my goals.]

4-I want to finish my book this year.

5-I want to finish the Christmas play for church I am writing.

6-I want to start recording me performing songs in Sign Language and posting them.

7-I want to inspire the youth I work with on Wednesday nights.

8-I want my blog to grow and help people realize that change can still happen. It’s not too late.

9-I want to cross off some of my bucket list this year as well.

 

These are just a few things I want to do this year but I know I will always add more. Life is never finished when you achieve a goal; it just means you can now go on a new adventure.

I hope that you all have a Blessed and Magical 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment