Friday, January 22, 2016

Answering a Question


Answering a question…….
I was asked this question through FB message.
"Why should I or anyone else wanting to lose weight listen to someone like you? You are fat."

I have actually been asked this question quite often. It always gets to me. When I saw this question in my Facebook message I got upset. In fact, I got mad. I seem to get over looked a lot. People see my size then just dismiss me without a second thought. It really does hurt to be dismissed.

I wrote a rather lengthy blog in response to the above question. I wrote it when I was mad and hurt. I was rude and seriously vented in that blog posting. However, I didn’t really write anything that would make a difference in that posting. I deleted the blog posting. This is me, trying to honestly answer this question.

Ok I know that I am fat. I am very aware of this fact. If you had ever read one of my blog postings you would have known this fact. I have acknowledged this fact. I have also admitted that yes there have been facts that contributed to my size. I am the one who made the decision to eat and live unhealthy and it has led me to this point in my life. I know this. I am changing this.

Why should you listen to me? Because I have been there. I am still there. I am still in the battle. Yes it is a moment by moment battle. I understand the emotions that go hand in hand with this kind of weight loss. I understand that not all of the emotions are happy or good ones. I have been over weight 95% of my life. I can relate to being extremely over weight.

Why should you listen to me? Wait, I don’t think I am an expert. I do not know all the answers. When I learn something that works I share it. When I have success I share it. When I make mistakes I share it. When I fall down on my face I share it. I share what I am learning. I share what I am doing and that is working for me. Why do I do this? Simple. For a long time I felt like there was no hope for me. I was trapped in the chains I had made for myself. I know and understand how hard it is to get one of the links in your chains to start to give. I have broken free from so many of my chains. I also have taken steps backwards and allowed some of the chains to link back together around me. I have taken steps forward again and broken them again. I understand it. I have more chains to break through. I have ways to go still. I have come a long way. I just want others to feel and know they aren’t alone.  I believe the blog I wrote before this one explains perfectly why I write this blog. It explains why I share my story successes and failures. http://mmbreakingfree.blogspot.com/2016/01/to-people-like-me.html

Why should you listen to me? Because I care. I understand. I want you to know you are not alone. I want you know you can do this. If you want I’d love to encourage you along the way. Share emails and messages with you. When you fall I’ll be there to give you a hand up. When I fall, and I know I will, you can give me a hand up. I hope this answers the question.

I started here- http://mmbreakingfree.blogspot.com/2013/09/my-story-so-far.html 
Facebook account that goes with this blog:https://www.facebook.com/Change2Healthy To follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/Change2Healthy

No comments:

Post a Comment